Pampa Community Resources
To Report Child Abuse
- Pampa Police Department: 669-8035
- Child Abuse Hotline (Children Protective Services): 1-800-252-5400/txabusehotline.org
- Victim Assistance (Attorney General): 1-800-983-9933
- Gray County: 669-8035
- The Bridge: 669-1161 bridgecac.org
- CASA: 669-7638 Court Appointed advocates for abused and neglected children
- Legal Aide Hotline: (866)292-4636 txaccess.org
- Gray County Attorney (Josh Seabourn) 669-8003; protective orders
- West Texas Legal Services: 373-6808 legal services for low-income individuals.
- Texas Dept. of Health: 121 S Gillespie 665-4696 (Immunizations)
- Crisis Pregnancy Support Center: 210 N Ward 669-2229 free pregnancy tests and counseling
- Hope House: refuge for young pregnant women
- Urgent Care Clinic: 3023 Perryton Pkwy Ste 101 665-0801 walk ins welcome
- Women’s Clinic: 1 Medical Plaza 665-0746 assists low income pregnancies
- Smile Zone: 103 E 28th Ave 669-1833 Dental(accepts Medicaid)
- Texas Panhandle Centers (formally known as Texas Panhandle Mental health Mental Retardation): 615 Buckler 669-3371 mental health services, assistance for persons with mental disabilities. STAR counseling
- The Pavilion: 1501 S Coulter 800-537-2585 Mental health services, inpatient unit, psychiatric care.
- Suicide Crisis Line: 1-800-692-4039
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK
- Lifeline Crisis Chat: www.crisichat.org
- Gray County Indigent Health Care Program: 205 N Russell 669-8007 medical bill assistance based on income and resources (19 and older not receiving Medicaid)
- Eyeglass assistance: Contact school nurse for information re: Lions Club assistance.
- Pampa Regional Medical Center: 3023 Perryton Pkwy 806-665-0801
- Harvester Health Clinic: 701 N Price Road 806-688-5433
- Tralee Crisis Center: (800) 658-2796 Parenting Classes
- Pregnancy Support Center: 669-2229 Parenting Classes
- WIC: 408 W Kingsmill(Hughes Building) 665-1182 Prenatal and children assistance
Child Care/Youth Programs
- Community Daycare: 916 W Kentucky/1100 Gwendolyn 665-0735 childcare based on income
- Gray Co. Latchkey: 662-8667 afterschool care until 5:30 M-F K-5th grade
- Pampa Optimist Youth Club: 669-3664 provides sports activities (scholarships available)
- Girl Scouts: 800-687-4475 girls age 5-17 development program
- Boy Scouts: 806-358-6500 recreational and educational program for youth.
- Wheel Times, Inc.: 440-1863 recreational sports for children with physical disabilities
Food Assistance/Clothes Closets
- Harvest House: 736 S Cuyler 665-4042 Food Assistance open Thursday only 10:-10:30AM
- Mary Ellen and Harvester Church of Christ: 1342 Mary Ellen 665-0031 Food pantry and clothing closet
- Good Samaritan: 309 N Ward 665-0073 Food Pantry, clothes, etc.
- Briarwood Church Feed the Flock: 1800 W Harvester 665-7201 Free hot meals on Tues/Thurs from 5-6 in the Family Life Center. Bussing available if needed.
- Meals on Wheels: 302 E Foster 669-1007 Hot meals to elderly and disabled (sliding scale)
- Salvation Army: 801 N Sumner PO Box 1458 663-1256 Pampasalvationarmy@hotmail.com Assists with shoes, toys, and clothes distribution
- Tralee Resale Store: 110 S Cuyler 669-1611
- Snack Pak 4 Kids: 669-4800 provides weekend food sacks for school age PK-5th grade in food insecure homes. Contact counselors at each elementary for information and referral.
- Hope Pantry: First United Methodist Church 201 E Foster 806-669-7411. Distribution on Wednesdays from 3:30-5:00
- Panhandle Community Services: 411 N Cuyler 665-0081 (HUD Housing)
- Hampton Villages: 100 Hampton Lane 440-0054 low income housing development
- Pam Apartments: 1200 N Wells 669-2594 low income apartments
- Tralee Crisis Center: 800-658-2796 24 hour crisis hotline, crisis shelter
- American Red Cross: 669-7121 Assistance in time of community or area disaster
- Gray County Emergency: 200 W Foster 669-5700 Assistance in time of need or disaster
- Texas Extension Education Office (Gray County) 669-8033 education focused on nutrition, parenting (car seats)
- United Way Helpline 211; assists with the appropriate service information to address the problem
- National Center for Victims of Crime 1-800-211-7996 Can help with a safety plan, legal rights
- Ministerial Alliance local ministers assisting in times of need
- TexDot Representative: Tracy Tillman 806-378-0073 provides education on installing car seats correctly and safe driving presentations.
- Managed Care Center in Amarillo: provides drug education presentations/grant funded non/profit organization 806-331-2723
- Juvenile Probation Office 1146 N Hobart 669-8017
- Social Security Office: 2333 N Hobart 1-877-897-0603
- Workforce Solutions: 1224 N Hobart 665-0938 Employment
- DARS (department of assistive and rehabilitative services 121 S Gillespie 669-8450 Employment assistance and help with hearing, vision, rehab, autism, service animals and more to persons with disabilities.
- Gray Cares: 688-7109 assistance to elderly and those with disabilities.
City of Pampa
- Pampa Mayor: Lance DeFever 669-5750
- City Manager: Shane Stokes 669-5750
- Chief of Police: Lance Richburg 669-5700
- Fire Chief: Kasey Presson 669-5800
- Fire Marshall: Jason Roberts 669-5800
- Emergency locations for storms: First Baptist Church 203 N Wells; Central Baptist Church 513 Francis St (South doors to breezeway will be open, leads to a basement; 1st Assembly of God (Parking lot door on west side of building leads directly to a basement) 500 S Cuyler
Pampa Counseling Services
- PRMC Behavioral Health Clinic, Intensive Outpatient Therapy
- 100 W 30th, Suite 102, 806-663-5828 Provides individual therapy and group counseling for ages 18 & up. Also Adolescent program. Please contact Program Director, Shanna Heymer, LMSW, at 806-663-5571.
- Redeemed Hearts Christian Counseling
- Worley and Danina Kennedy1224 N Hobart Suite 7, 688-0096
- New Hope Counseling
- Cassie Willis and Lisa Gibson M.Ed., LPC
- 204 N West, 440-2978
- Priscilla J. Kleinpeter, Psychologist Misty Wilson, Counselor
- 107 W. Foster, 352-5542 Amarillo 670-1785 Pampa
- Tina Souder, Counselor
- Texas Panhandle Centers Behavioral & Developmental Health Mental Health Services- Income-Based services
- 615 W Buckler Ave 669-3371
*Information updated 10/31/2023 by Suzanne Pingel, Pampa ISD. Information is subject to change, and additional resources and contacts may be available in our area. Specific resources and services are not being recommended, only presented to students and families in a way to assist in locating resources in our community.