The Health Services Program provides medical supervision/services in support of school nurses, health education/health promotion, student assessment, the management of student medical needs, and the development of district policies and procedures.
School nursing is a specialized practice of professional nursing that:
- advances the well-being, academic success, and life-long achievement of students
- promotes health and safety
- intervenes with actual and potential health problems
- assists with positive student responses to normal development
- collaborate with professionals in other disciplines to build student and family self management, self advocacy and learning.
School nursing assists students in
- achieving optimal wellness to enhance readiness to learn
- improve school attendance rates
- ensure that students entering school are adequately immunized and free of communicable diseases and provides a continuum of health care for all students at school, home and in the community