Safety Protocols for Athletics
Pampa Athletics will follow all TEA and UIL risk mitigation guidelines. The following strategies will be utilized in addition to UIL and TEA guidelines.
- Athletes will be responsible for bringing their own water bottles.
- No sharing water bottles.
- Trainers will be available to refill water bottles (players will remove and replace lids).
- Trainers will also have water bottles that they can provide to players without any touching by the player.
- During games and some practices single-use pre-filled cups will be available.
- Athletes are encouraged to provide their own towel to use during practice (wipe away sweat, etc.).
- Towels will also be available on the sidelines for a one time use with a bin provided to discard once used.
- Used towels will be laundered and sanitized daily.
- Teams will provide as much social distancing as feasible.
- Athletes and coaches will be expected to wear face coverings while in locker rooms, film rooms, offices, etc.
- Locker rooms, meeting rooms and other common areas will be sanitized following each practice.
- Athletes and coaches will wear masks when on the bus.
- Buses are cleaned and sanitized prior to and immediately following trips.
- Athletes will be assigned seats for each trip