Dear Members of the Pampa ISD Community,
I am excited as the Superintendent of Schools to have the opportunity to extend a warm Back to School greeting to all of the students and parents of the Pampa ISD Community. The month of August always includes a great deal of excitement as we prepare to welcome our students back to their campuses on Monday, August 26th. The signs of Back to School can be seen everywhere around our community: school supplies are on sale in stores, students can be seen practicing on the volleyball court and football field, cross-country runners are found running through town early in the morning, and the Pride of PHS Marching Band is drilling and playing every night of the week. Even as you read this message, campus leaders are putting the finishing touches on schedules and class lists, custodial and maintenance staff members are making sure that PISD campuses and classrooms have just a little extra shine for the beginning of school, and teachers are hard at work planning engaging lessons for their students in an effort to make the 2013-14 school year one during which all students will experience success in everything that they do.
Pampa schools will welcome over 3,600 students back to school this fall at its seven campuses. Students, parents, and school district staff have the wonderful opportunity to work together to create an educational environment that aspires to achieve excellence both inside the classroom and out. The core beliefs of the Pampa Independent School District include:
· That all students benefit from rigorous, “real-world”, engaging learning experiences that prepare them for successful futures.
· Learning experiences take place in classroom environments where trust, mutual respect, and support exist.
· That our parents and community are valued partners in providing educational opportunities to its youth.
· Each individual is unique and of infinite value; therefore, we embrace and celebrate diversity. We treat every person dignity, equity, respect, and trust.
· Teachers are the single most important influence on the quality of learning; therefore, we commit great energy and resources to recruiting, hiring, developing, and retaining the most effective teachers.
Please join me in being excited about the start of school this year in Pampa ISD! If I, or any of the Carver Administrative Staff, can be of assistance to you in getting the school year started out on the right foot, please don’t hesitate to call us at 669-4700.
David Young, Ph.D.